We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Lamb, another of the star dishes of Christmas, is not usually lacking in any house at this time. In this case, we suggest that you cook a leg of lamb in salt, a delicious recipe with which you will surely hit the mark.
This very traditional dish is also very healthy, because thanks to the salt most of the fat released by the meat is absorbed when roasting, leaving only an aftertaste of salt, so you have no excuse not to try it!
- A boneless leg of lamb
- 2 kg. coarse salt
- A glass of sherry brandy
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Half green bell pepper
- Black pepper
Tips: To accompany the lamb, you can make a fresh salad with lettuce and chives, or a mashed potato.
1. Tie the leg of the lamb with a rope.
2. Moisten all the coarse salt with a splash of water and the whole glass of sherry brandy.
3. Heat the oven to 220 degrees.
4. Line the bottom of a bowl with part of the salt.
5. Put the lamb on top of the layer of salt.
6. Cover the lamb completely with the rest of the salt.
7. Bake the leg for about half an hour.
8. For the sauce, chop the green pepper and the two cloves of garlic. Mash it in a mortar with a splash of virgin oil until it forms a kind of puree. Salt and pepper to taste
9. When the lamb is done, take it out of the oven, untie it and cut it into slices.
10. Serve the lamb slices with the sauce and add a little chopped parsley. You can also accompany the dish with a salad of lettuce and chives.
You can read more articles similar to Leg of lamb in salt. Recipe for Christmas, in the category of Recipes on site.